On Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th August our Southport level 3 to 6 gymnasts headed to Gold Coast Gymnastics Club to contest the 2018 Gold Coast Junior Regional Championships.
The girls had a great time on the floor and did such a fantastic job in competition. With lots of red Southport leotards on the podium, this year we had an amazing nine gymnasts pick up Gold, Silver or Bronze in the all around competition of their respective divisions. What an amazing effort, great job girls!
Most importantly, over the weekend we saw smiling faces, happy gymnasts, supportive teammates and polished, improved routines from all of our incredible Southport girls. We are so proud of each and every one of you!
Special mention to the below gymnasts who picked up medals at the 2018 Junior Regional Championships:
- Jasmine Hoani: 3rd Vault (Level 3 Open)
- Rose Howard: 2nd Floor (Level 3 Open)
- Airi Tonzing: 1st All Around; 1st Vault, 1st Bars, 1st Floor (Level 4 Open)
- Anneliese Clarke: 2nd All Around; 3rd Vault, 3rd Floor (Level 4 Open)
- Asher Edwards: 2nd Vault, 2nd Floor (Level 4 Open)
- Anna Hwang: 1st Beam (Level 4 Open)
- Louella Evans: 2nd Beam (Level 4 Open)
- Lyla Proctor: 3rd Bars (Level 4 Under 10)
- Grace O’Reilly: 1st All Around; 3rd Bars, 2nd Beam, 2nd Floor (Level 5 Open)
- Madison Frankling: 2nd All Around; 1st Vault, 1st Bars, 1st Floor (Level 5 Open)
- Hannah Dalton: 3rd All Around; 2nd Bars (Level 5 Open)
- Kitty O’Hanlon: 2nd All Around; 1st Vault, 3rd Bars, 2nd Floor (Level 5 Unders)
- Charli-Jane Somerville: 3rd Floor (Level 5 Unders)
- Kate Peterson: 1st All Around; 3rd Vault, 1st Bars, 2nd Beam, 3rd Floor (Level 6 Open)
- Rebecca Webb: 2nd All Around; 1st Vault, 3rd Bars, 1st Beam, 2nd Floor (Level 6 Open)
- Luar Buart: 3rd All Around; 2nd Beam (Level 6 Unders)
- Skye Colliver: 3rd Bars (Level 6 Unders)
A big congratulations to the below Southport gymnasts who were selected in the 2018 Regional Team. These girls will take on gymnasts in Regional teams from across Queensland at the upcoming Junior State Championships in the September/October School Holidays. This year, we have a record number of Southport gymnasts competing for their region! Great job gymnasts!
Level 4: Airi Tonzing
Level 5: Grace O’Reilly, Madison Frankling, Kitty O’Hanlon
Level 6: Kate Peterson, Rebecca Webb, Luar Burt
Shout out to our awesome coaching team for helping our girls be the best they can be! And of course to our parents and supporters, thanks for all you do in helping prepare your girls for training, competition and for your awesome cheering from the grandstands on comp days! What a team effort!
Now we are heading back to the gym to get ready for Junior States in a few weeks time. Go team Southport – bring it on!