Competition season is on us for our Aspire gymnasts and in the coming months our Level 1 gymnasts, through to our Senior Internationals will be competing at a variety of events locally, interstate and overseas! While our gymnasts are busy preparing in the gym, here are some handy hints for gymnasts and parents at home. Competitions can be nerve wracking for even the most seasoned competitors (and their parents too), so we thought some tips and hints for a smooth competition day might be helpful!
Our Top Tips!
1. Be Up Early and have a great breaky!
2. Pack your gym back the night before.
Do you have: Guards; Competition leotard (for senior gymnasts who warm up in the Club podium leotard) & full Club uniform; plain white socks; strapping tape, spare hair bands and hairspray; waterbottle?
3. Leave enough time to do your hair (and if this is your first competition, have a practice a couple of days earlier and train with competition hair to get used to it).
Click here for the Delta Hair How To Guide
4. Get coffee
Parents need to ensure they are calm too!
5. Hug your gymnast, tell them you love them, you’re proud of them and to do their best!
Check out this great blog on words of encouragement for our kids: https://www.deltagym.com.au/6-words-of-encouragement-to-best-support-children-in-sport/
6. Leave plenty of time to get to the venue and consider parking
Aim to arrive 15mins before your session’s warm up begins.
7. Have fun!!!