Competition season is on us for our Aspire gymnasts and in the coming weeks our Level 1 gymnasts, through to our Senior Internationals will be competing at a variety of events in Brisbane, interstate and overseas!
Competitions can be nerve wracking for even the most seasoned competitors (and their parents too) – so we thought we would give some tips and hints for a smooth competition day!
- Be Up Early and have a great breaky!
- Pack your gym back the night before.
Do you have: Guards; Competition leotard (for senior gymnasts who warm up in the Delta podium leotard) & full Delta uniform; plain white socks; strapping tape, spare hair bands and hairspray; waterbottle?
- Leave enough time to do your hair (and if this is your first competition, have a practice a couple of days earlier and train with competition hair to get used to it).
Click here for the Delta Hair How To Guide
- Get coffee – parents need to ensure they are calm too!
- Hug your gymnast, tell them you love them, you’re proud of them and to do their best!
- Leave plenty of time to get to the venue and consider parking – aim to arrive 15mins before your session’s warm up begins.
- Have fun!!!