Want to learn to do a handstand? Well, lets get the foundations right first! Did you know, Bunny Jumps are an integral part of our gymnastics development and key to learning a great handstand and loads of other awesome gymnastics skills? That’s why our Jnr Gym Kids through to Aspire Foundations gymnasts are busy bunny jumping through gymnastics!
- Pressure through arms
- Pressure through legs; and
- Body posture
- hands/feet pattern on the ground
- bunny jump up to a height
- bottom up Bunny Jumps (where we are looking for bottom-hips to hit above the hands/shoulders). This will teach the children the support phase of the Bunny Jump which will lead to a good support position in a handstand
- Bunny Jump to pike position (half handstand – picture the letter L turned upside down!)