In 2018 Delta Brisbane and Southport Gymnastics Club have a record number of level 4-10 gymnasts selected in the Queensland State Squad. We are so proud of the 20 gymnasts selected this year!
Delta’s Junior State Squad Members:
Lily Albietz | Delta Brisbane
Miller Enders | Delta Brisbane
Annelise Jenkins | Delta Brisbane
Eleanor Myers | Delta Brisbane
Layla Bacon | Delta Brisbane
Bronte Ince | Delta Brisbane
Sarah Stephenson | Delta Brisbane
Tiffany Blyth | Delta Brisbane
Eva Bickle | Delta Brisbane
Grace Webb | Delta Brisbane
Charli-Jane Somerville | Southport Gymnastics Club
Delta’s Senior State Squad Members:
Isabella McDonnell-Baum | Delta Brisbane
Lucy White | Delta Brisbane
Natasha Ho | Delta Brisbane
Jaymee Dillon | Delta Brisbane
Ava Kinnane | Delta Brisbane
Jemma Molo | Delta Brisbane
Madison Thompson | Delta Brisbane
Isabel Carrasco | Southport Gymnastics Club
Jessica Cleverly | Southport Gymnastics Club
The goals of the State Squad program are
- To provide education and development opportunities for Queensland Coaches in order to raise the level of coaching within all WAG clubs in Queensland.
- To provide gymnasts the opportunity to participate in training clinics designed to optimise the performance of the Queensland State Team at National Championships; ensuring Qld wins the team award in each of level 7 – 10 and podium positions in the All Around in level 9 & 10, Junior & Senior International.
- To identify and promote those gymnasts who demonstrate the intent and capacity to represent Queensland at Level 7 – 10, Junior & Senior International and in doing so, promote their clubs.
The Junior/Senior State Squad Program will:
- Provide ongoing identification of areas where the Qld State Team requires continual improvement in physical preparation & conduct targeted sessions within the clinics to address these areas.
- Motivate coaches and gymnasts to increase skill difficulty & quality.
- Recognise and highlight gymnasts who are developing increased skill difficulty.
- Develop a culture from level 4 upwards of long term skill development and performance with increased difficulty.
Clinics are held on the below dates throughout the year:
Senior State Squad
- Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th March 2018
- Saturday 25th March 2018 (Control Test & Clinic)
- Thursday 5th & Friday 6th July 2018
- Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th October 2018
Junior State Squad
- Saturday 3rd& Sunday 4th March 2018
- Saturday 21st& Sunday 22nd June 2018
- Saturday 10th& 11th Sunday November 2018
Great job team Delta, we look forward to seeing what our gymnasts learn at this year’s State Squad!